What's new

ROSEANNE reboot — what are your thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I went to watch an episode of THE CONNERS due to the show's high ratings but I had to turn it off after 5 minutes. The continual canned laughter was ,in my opinion EXTREMELY off -putting and VERY DISTRACTING.Who was responsible for this atrocity? When will Producers learn that canned laughter ruins a show and is totally unnecessary.
The laughter does not seem canned to me.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
I went to watch an episode of THE CONNERS due to the show's high ratings but I had to turn it off after 5 minutes. The continual canned laughter was ,in my opinion EXTREMELY off -putting and VERY DISTRACTING.Who was responsible for this atrocity? When will Producers learn that canned laughter ruins a show and is totally unnecessary.

It is announced at the start of every episode by one of the cast members that it is taped in front of an audience. Missed that part?
Even if true, though, it's a silly reason not to watch something along with others such as 'It's not R-rated', 'Don't want to see commercials,' etc. Seems like you're looking for a reason not to watch it.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Just because it is filmed in front of a live audience, it doesn't mean they can't augment, replace re-edit, manipulate all recorded audience reactions. You do know they often do retakes for bloopers or any other such occurrence. They can lay the audience tracks any way they want.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Just because it is filmed in front of a live audience, it doesn't mean they can't augment, replace re-edit, manipulate all recorded audience reactions. You do know they often do retakes for bloopers or any other such occurrence. They can lay the audience tracks any way they want.

That is what they must have done as ,despite being filmed in front of a live audience,it definitely sounded like canned laughter to me.Simply terrible and unwatchable for me.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
That is what they must have done as ,despite being filmed in front of a live audience,it definitely sounded like canned laughter to me.Simply terrible and unwatchable for me.

You say "canned laughter" as an absolute fact while not acknowledging the "audience" announcement. But then you can't tell the difference between film and tape. Sure they can manipulate the laughter. It's almost necessary to edit it down to the required length. Even "The Dick Van Dyke Show" has acknowledged doing that and there were a few episodes of that series not even filmed in front of an audience (for varying reasons). The point is you let something as insignificant as laughter guide you as what programs to like. If you don't like something, don't watch it.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I think its overacted, mugged through by nearly all of the actors except Sara Gilbert, scripted to throw in as many one liners as possible. Unfortunately, that's the way many people conduct a conversation these days. I've discovered "Bob Loves Abishola" and find it enjoyable and well acted by a superb cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks