What's new
World Wide Stereo

Room size question (1 Viewer)

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I am building another theater. I have used the room size calculator to get my room dimensions. Question is, Are the dimensions from wall to wall or from the front of the speaker to the opposite wall?
Dave

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Those dimensions are the room boundaries: length, width, and ceiling height. Your speakers are ideally placed at neutral intervals within those boundaries. The goal is to achieve a room dimension with the fewest frequency peaks/valleys.

JeffCar

Agent
Also be mindful that even if you have "ideal" dimensions, there are still problems you will need to treat acoustically. It is a better place to start, but start you must to properly treat the room when you are complete.

Jeff

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Thanks for your replies. This will be my third theater, but the first one that I have control of the room dimensions. I am trying to make it my best.
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks