What's new

Rolling Stones SACDs delayed until September or October? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Someone posted on Audio Asylum that Red Trumpet's latest weekly e-mail newsletter states the following about the Stones SACDs:
We have been [told] that Rolling Stones SACD reissues have been delayed; from the many layers of official and semi-official releases, we believe it could be September or October. We will, as usual, continue to provide updates as we have them. This is a great project, and we're sure it will be worth waiting for!
Oh, I hope this is wrong. Has anyone heard anything to this effect? I assume they meant September of October of this year, but that may not be a safe assumption. :frowning:

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I have heard that August 27 is still on.

Somebody at Red Trumpet likely made a mistake.

There has already been major media coverage discussing the 27th date.

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Could it be that they are planning to stretch out the releases from Aug 27 to October. Spread them out, maybe release 2 titles a week or something to that effect?

Eric.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Eric,
Everything I have heard is that all 22 titles will be released on one date. I just wonder what that one date will be. October 0th? :D
Kevin,
True, but I guess we will all have to exert some control. Yeah, right. :)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I don't know who your source is at Sony but as someone who is directly involved with the Rolling Stones project and who is actually employed by Sony I can assure you and all the other inmates that this is completely untrue.
This from Colin Ciggaran, Software Development Manager of Super Audio Project, Sony. From a posting at Audio Asylum. Colin is a frequent guest there.
I think we can relax now. :D

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I was just about to post this information from Mr. Cigarran. It had to be shared here. Thanks.

NP: Diana Krall Look of Love CD (I want this on SACD!)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Eric, think of it this way. You will be doing your part to bolster the economy. You will be a benefactor to the economy. What's wrong with that? We can justify any purchase with that one, can't we? :D

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Sorry, a bit off topic....

Lee, did you get my private message? If not, check your box. I left you one last week on this subject.

Peace,

Jeremy

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I see that BestBuy in their current circular lists the new Stones Remasters at $12.99 each/ double cd-sets $24.99 each.

They still have them coming August 20th. One can only hope that BB does get all 22 in the stores by August 27th.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
John, I just saw the Best Buy a few minutes before seeing your post. Despite what is in the flier, I won't be heading to Best Buy this Tuesday. They won't have the Stones discs. :frowning:

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
It's good to hear all RS CDs will be out on the same day, but why are people here so concerned about buying them all on the same day? Unless its a joke, what are you worried about? Running out of stock? They won't sell anymore after this batch? Hoping to get a collector's item in the form of a manufacturer's defect?
Why not just buy a few now that you really like, and get some more next week?
CDs at BB are almost always at 12.99, not like Tower. Even if you bought them all in one day, its's unlikely you will listen to them all in one day. :) :)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It's good to hear all RS CDs will be out on the same day, but why are people here so concerned about buying them all on the same day?
Gotta get those BITCHIN' certificates of authenticity! I don't care about the music - I just want my certificates!!!!!

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
John G posted: I see that BestBuy in their current circular lists the new Stones Remasters at $12.99 each/ double cd-sets $24.99 each. They still have them coming August 20th. One can only hope that BB does get all 22 in the stores by August 27th.
We've got a brand new BB opening the 24th in E. Northport. I hope to hit this one to see how they present the product. If they get all 22 I'm sure they won't squish em' into their puny sacd display... Maybe they'll come up with a new design being as its a new store, unless they simply put them into the redbook section.

They should have the Stones stop by to open the store and give out free copies... yea, that's the ticket.

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
John, I suggest you look for them in the standard redbook section. The exterior of the packaging has absolutely nothing to identify them as sacd's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks