What's new

Rocket tykes speakers (1 Viewer)

Joe_on

Stunt Coordinator
Im almost ready to order the rocket tykes speakers, it;s online so I wont be able to hear it but it has received good reviews.
Now the trick is I have 200-300 left for a receiver, what do you guys recommend, if Im not asking for to much video components be nice and on screen display also, is that asking too much. Im willing to buy used.
TIA

Jeff&R

Auditioning
Check out "Harman Audio" on e-bay for factory refurb's though Harman Kardon . Or the sale on HT recievers at vanns.com ot jandr.com ;)

You should be able to find something nice in your price range .

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Joe...where are you located? Maybe someone has a set that you can hear close by.

Somethingelse to consider is the Hsu Research Ventriloquist VT-12.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Joe,

AV123 is an authorized Denon dealer and should be able to give you a good price on a receiver to go with the Tykes. Give them a call and see what they can do for you.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
If I were you, I'd at least consider the Outlaw 1050. It has been discontinued and you can get it for cheap. I had one before I upgraded to separates, and it was quite an improvement over the Denon receiver I replaced. Outlaw service is top notch and the warranty is transferrable. If you HAVE to have Dolby PL-II, then don't add it to your short list. But if you are interested in bang for the buck sound quality, it would be a strong contender. Just my $.02

BobAlbano

Second Unit

I would second this...:cool:

I had an opportunity to hear the HSU system at CES and I was less than impressed with the system sound...the bass was good but the center speaker was very flat sounding IMO...Good luck with your decision! :cool:

Joe_on

Stunt Coordinator
I live in the Los Angeles area, so far the 2 strong candidates are outlaw and Denon. any examples why one is better than the other?

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Outlaw makes some good solid equipment but IMHO, the 1050 was out of date in terms of processing about two years ago. It'll give you a better amp section than a comparably priced Denon though. As they Tykes are going to be easy to drive and are primarily geared toward HT, I'd go with the Denon. FWIW, I do own Outlaw gear, just not the 1050.

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
You could also look on pricegrabber.com for a refurdb Onk 501...saw them on there for $184 I believe...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks