1668663653599.png

1668663694873.png

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
A truly pivotal show back in the day. Great ensemble cast and he, in particular, brought me countless laughs. 96 years of fruitful life is a tremendous blessing R.I.P. Mr. Clary.
SPOT ON MY FRIEND! Amazing that a lot of the cast suffered under the Nazis WWII and they all took the series to get to defeat them weekly Leon Askin Robert Clary John Banner Werner Klemperer all had there lives effected by the horrors of WWII MAY THEY ALL REST IN PEACE Mr Clary lost most of his family May GOD reunite him in heaven

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
With Robert Clary, the last remaining surviving original HOGAN'S HEROES cast member now gone, Kenneth Washington is now the last remaining surviving HH series regular (From the 6th and final season, 1970-71).

Last night, I read that Robert Clary said it was his being in kind of good health and his ability to entertain members of the SS (Keep in mind Robert was only in his teens way back then!), that allowed him to survive the holocaust which sadly took the lives of 13 of his closest relatives! That is some major baggage to carry around!!

Robert Clary most certainly did not waste his survival, providing the world entertainment in Hogan's Heroes, and also appearing as a regular in two daytime soaps over the decades. He is also featured in two documentaries produced in just the last few years, which begin during the holocaust and end up in Hollywood, or something along that line! FROM THE HOLOCAUST TO HOLLYWOOD and FROM BUCHENWALD TO HOLLYWOOD are the two titles.. The running times for both are under an hour.

RIP, Robert Clary (1926 - 2022)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks