What's new

New Faces for Blu ray? (1 Viewer)

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Will this stay missing in action?
'New Faces' of 1954 was the film realisation of the very famous stage revue 'New Faces of 1952'. I have the original RCA theatre soundtrack and the even better Jasmine (UK) CD version which boasts very robust sound. But I would love to be able to see this on screen again. It would appear to be free domain because the only DVDs available are virtuallyu unviewable .. not good enough for a movie which fired the glamorous and sexy Eartha Kitt into orbit. With comedy sketches by Mel Brooks and others, and a great cast including Robert Clary (Hogans Heroes), New Faces deserves new life.
'
'

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see this CinemaScope movie rescued from public domain hell! However, I stand to be corrected but this movie was originally released by 20th Century Fox, now "owned" by Disney, who I imagine has the original film elements needed for a HD restoration. Which sadly means ..... the likelihood of a restored blu ray is nil. :(

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, it's a great memento of a legendary Broadway revue, the longest running of all the editions of New Faces and one that introduced a great many performers who would grow in the public's consciousness over the next few decades. I have an old pan and scan VHS of it, but would love something better. Here's hoping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adam991
Recent bookmarks