What's new

RIP Dennis Hopper (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Dennis Hopper, the one-time Hollywood enfant terrible who portrayed such indelible characters as "Easy Rider's" biker Billy, "Blue Velvet's" huffing villain Frank Booth and "Hoosiers' " forlorn Shooter Flatch, died of prostate cancer Saturday morning at his home in Venice, California, his wife said. He was 74.

RIP Mr. Hopper. I have always enjoyed your chutzpah.

Parker

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
May he RIP. (Parker, I created a thread for Dennis Hopper at almost the same time. Sorry about that.)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The guy had a long career. Some of my favorite work from him is Easy Rider, Apocalypse Now and Blue Velvet and his TV appearances, ranging from Twilight Zone to 24 and Entourage, were enjoyable too. Even though he had some rocky patches, he could be counted on for a solid performance and to bring some class to the proceedings.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Mr. Hopper directed "The Hot Spot" in Austin 20 years ago, it's one of my favorite pieces of film noir.

I'm encouraged that even though some of us didn't do all the "right" things, we can still have hope for a normal life span. Ginger Baker is 70, Jerry Lee is 74, Dennis was 74.....

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
RIP Mr. Hopper.

He certainly has done a lot of great stuff but the first thing I always think of at the mention of his name is this scene from True Romance (warning NSFW/offensive language)

-Keith

42nd Street Freak

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I think we all knew this was coming.

But Hopper would be the first to admit he should have been dead about 4 decades ago! RIP Hopster....You had a damn good/bad time of it, but at least you lived it!

News reports were boring in the UK though. Hell! No "Blue Velvet" clips! LOL.

"BABY WANTS TO FUCK! BABY WANTS TO FUCK"!!!

'Dennis Hopper...who died today'.

Now THAT would have been a tribute.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The Terrible disease claims another, I currently taking care of my wife who is in the final stages of Hospice care, it's not easy. Mr. Hopper I'll remember his performance in all the classic films and in one underrated performance with Kiefer Sutherland in Flashback.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
I haven't seen many of his films, but he tended to have some great roles as scenery-chewing villians... just about saved (in my opinion,) Waterworld with the one line: "Don't just stand there, kill something!"

Leo

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
The Gary Coleman thread has 13 responses, so, what exactly are the demographics of HTF in 2010?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
"Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas..."

R.I.P.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
"What are they gonna say about him? What are they gonna say? That he was a kind man? That he was a wise man? That he had plans, man? That he had wisdom? Bullshit, man!"

RIP, though getting to 74 isn't bad.

Favorite Hopper performances (minor and major) Apocalypse Now, Blue Velvet, True Romance and Red Rock West.

After scanning over his IMDB credits I'm surprised I've only seen 1 of his performances (Land of the Dead) from the past 15 years (since Waterworld).

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
A great actor. We've simply lost too many of those lately.

May he rest in peace, indeed. Peace seems so uncharacteristic in his case.

Cees

LeeAnn

Auditioning
Real Name
Ann Lee
oh, that's pity Dennis Hopper has passed away,

he was really good actor (((((

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks