What's new

Ride the High Country (1962) coming via WAC (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY (1962)
NEW 2017 1080p HD REMASTER
BD50
Color - 94 Minutes
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.35:1
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 MONO-English
English SDH

SPECIAL FEATURES:
Commentary by Peckinpah documentarians Nick Redman, Paul Seydor, Garner Simmons and David Weddle; Documentary: A Justified Life: Sam Peckinpah and the Hogue Country (SD)

17264148_10155120280601563_5135597571786784906_n.jpg

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Yes indeed.

Just took the DVD out and watched it last week. I can take another viewing in the near future.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Thank you Noach for this news! My God, one of our absolute favorite Westerns, finally done right by the Wonderful Warner Archive Collection...it should look astounding, what a Great Film with Two Immortals of the Genre!...hopefully, more Peckinpah to come...I have been recently viewing the Boetticher directed Randy Westerns, which look beautiful on DVD...and daydreaming about what they would look like in HD...of course, WAC's BD's of Bad Day at Black Rock and She Wore a Yellow Ribbon fuel my imagination, as they were filmed at the same locales...Lone Pine and the Alabama Hills, Old Tucson, Coronado, Saguero and Monument Valley...

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I see that WAC has also announced 36 Hours (1964) with James Garner, Eva-Marie Saint and Rod Taylor for Blu...they certainly have maintained a brisk pace of about 4 BD upgrades or new to Blu releases per month...Great!
Love that B&W 'Scope movie. And WAC has also announced Spencer's Mountain and The Rounders as well!

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Question: Is that the usual lingo? 1080p remaster? Was trying to remember if that's what they say for all releases.

Just got confirmation - new image harvest off a new IP - color me a very happy camper.

One has to applaud Warner that they now often go with a 1080p remaster from an IP which both makes for easier color timing and cleanup compared to 4k scan of the OCN. I would not be surprised if by doing that they can release three times as many movies compared to going the 4k / OCN route.

It will be interesting to see how the new Blu-ray compares to the HD version that already was available via Amazon and Vudu - that one looked nice already.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
One has to applaud Warner that they now often go with a 1080p remaster from an IP which both makes for easier color timing and cleanup compared to 4k scan of the OCN. I would not be surprised if by doing that they can release three times as many movies compared to going the 4k / OCN route.

It will be interesting to see how the new Blu-ray compares to the HD version that already was available via Amazon and Vudu - that one looked nice already.
Did Vudu HD ever go to a 2.35 AR? They were showing it in 1.78 the last time I checked.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Did Vudu HD ever go to a 2.35 AR? They were showing it in 1.78 the last time I checked.

I only remember that when vudu still had a preview I checked the first minute or something and that was in scope. I ultimately decided to get the Amazon version as it looked more textured. I can confirm that the Amazon HD version is in the original scope format for the whole length of the movie.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I saw Ride The High Country on TCM (UK) in HD about six months ago & I thought it looked fantastic, so looking forward to the Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks