What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Announcement: Gay Purr-ee (1962) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
New 1080p HD master from 4K scan of Original Camera Negative

Coming to Blu-ray on August 29th!

GAY PURR-EE (1962)

Run Time: 85 Minutes
Subtitles: English SDH
Audio Specs: DTS HD-MA 2.0 Mono
Aspect Ratio: 16x9 1.85:1
Product Color: COLOR
Disc Configuration-BD50

Special Features:
CLASSIC WARNER BROS. CARTOONS: LOUVRE COME BACK TO ME (HD)
FRENCH RAREBIT (HD); FOR SCENT-IMENTAL REASONS (HD); Songwriter Demo Recordings (audio only); Original Theatrical Trailer

Voice Cast: Judy Garland, Robert Goulet, Red Buttons, Hermoine Gingold
Magnificent. That's the voice of Judy Garland. Magnifique. That's Gay Purr-ee, a charming animated musical featuring the great Garland in one of her final roles. She's the singing and speaking voice of Mewsette, a French country cat who runs off to Paris during the Gay '90s. From the UPA studios who brought us Mr. Magoo comes "Gay Purr-ee," a stylish and sophisticated animated musical about a group of cats in Paris, France. Robert Goulet voices the object of Mewsette's affection Jaune Tom, with comedic support from Red Buttons as Robespierre. The clever script was devised by animation master Chuck Jones and his wife, Dorothy. The terrific score is by Harold Arlen and E.Y, Harburg, reuniting Garland with the gents who created the songs for "The Wizard of Oz". Gay Purr-ee is grand entertainment for audiences of all ages.

1689006320547.png

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The release date of July 25th appears to be an error in their FB announcement. I won't correct until they correct their announcement.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Chuck Jones supposedly got fired from Warner Bros for moonlighting on this film. The story goes that Warner Bros found out when they picked up distribution rights to the film. I assume he is not credited but I haven't seen the film in many years.

Jimbo.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dimitrios
It's a shame they didn't think to include the stereo tracks on the soundtrack.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Chuck Jones supposedly got fired from Warner Bros for moonlighting on this film. The story goes that Warner Bros found out when they picked up distribution rights to the film. I assume he is not credited but I haven't seen the film in many years.

Just looked at the opening credits for the film and he is in fact credited for writing the film along with his wife Dorothy.

DigniT@DigniT!

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kent
I adore this film. A great childhood favorite and that score is gorgeous. I believe directed by the great ABE LEVITOW who worked closely with Chuck Jones on many classics! THRILLING NEWS! Dare we hope for A MAN CALLED FLINTSTONE?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I adore this film. A great childhood favorite and that score is gorgeous. I believe directed by the great ABE LEVITOW who worked closely with Chuck Jones on many classics! THRILLING NEWS! Dare we hope for A MAN CALLED FLINTSTONE?
I'm really hoping The Man called Flintstone in OAR and with the original Colombia Logo is next. The film is a favorite of mine.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Never seen the film, but read the comic book adaptation as a kid. The only thing that stuck with me was the creepy black cat henchmen - spooked me out at the time.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks