What's new

Review for Robotech: Battle Cry is up on IGN ... (1 Viewer)

James D S

Screenwriter
Lookin' good enough to please - and at this point with the Robotech license, that's all I need.

After recently picking up the first two boxed sets of the Macross Saga, I'm ready for this bit of nostalgic fun. I'm not usually a fan of cel-shaded games, too damn cutesy and cheapish for my tastes, but this seems like the type of game cel-shading was MEANT for!

Now when are we gonna get a Transformers game!

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
I picked up a copy tonight at circuit city. I played through the first chapter. Its pretty sweet so far. Takes some getting used to switching modes. But I can see why they're using the tag line of change or die.

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
Preordered mine (Robotech: Battlecry CE) at EB - going to pick it up today... from the review at IGN its everything I hoped for in a Robotech game :) And a few things I figured in a 3rd person, cell shaded game > bad camera occasionally, repetitive missions etc. Can't Wait

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
This game is evreything I hoped for. Changing between the three modes is awesome. I must admit the cell shading was a little odd to me at first, seeing shots on gamespot.com. but now that I have the game there is no other way to do robotech but in cell animation it fits the cartoon and the game perfect.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'm planning on buying this for my fiancee for Christmas; she's a big Robotech fan (I have yet to get into it). We've got both a PS2 and a Gamecube. Due to the advantage of the Wavebird, I'm leaning towards buying the Gamecube version. Has anyone seen any comparrasons between the different versions?

Also, how is the boxed set? Worth it?

Brian E

Screenwriter
Anybody getting the XBox version it's $36.99 at CC this week (ad says available Wed.).

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the price info on this one at CC. Cancelled my preorder at EB and picked up the regular edition at CC over the weekend :) And despite the bosses being pretty tough so far - I love it

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks