What's new

Resident Evil Code: Veronica X control question (1 Viewer)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Ok, I went ahead and picked this up from BB for under $20 since a lot of people recommended it in the other thread I started. I think I could enjoy this, but I cant stand the movement controls. In games like this, where the character can wander all over the screen, as opposed to where they are basically centered on screen and the environment moves around them, like in GTA3, I really like screen specific controls, where pushing down makes the character go to the bottom of the screen, up makes them go to the top, left makes them go to the left, etc, instead of what resident evil has, where up makes you go forward, down makes you go backwards, and the sides make you turn. I'm sure it's just something I have to get used to, but I'm annoyed enough by it that I dont know if I'd bother playing the game enough to get used to it. Is there a way to change this? If not, anyone wanna trade? The disc is in perfect shape, other than the barcode sticker it has on it.

Brian

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
I agree a 100% about this. I have Resident Evil 2 for PSOne, and I could not get used to the controls either. Looks like I will steer clear of this game as well.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Brian keep playing it. There is no way to change the control scheme to the way you want it. I would suggest using the d-pad to move as the analog can make things really annoying.

I think you should keep it and play it longer. The story picks up fairly quickly and getting used to the controls doesn't take long.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Well... I guess I'll give it a few more days, and I'll try using the dpad next time.
The Devil May Cry demo is really cool though, but I'm stuck now, already! :frowning: ;)
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks