What's new

Replay 5040 - horrible color (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I picked up a ReplayTV 5040 with the rebates that are currently going on, and so far I'm very disappointed in the picture quality. Everything has a yellow tint to it, and the picture is much brighter. I'n order to make it watchable, I have to change tint & brightness quite a bit, and then need to change it back when I switch to any other input. I sat on hold for an hour and a half with Sonicblue tech support to finally give up. I don't see anywhere to make adjustments, so I doubt that there is anything that can be done anyway.
Over on AVSForum there are a few other people with the same issues, so I know I'm not the only one.
Caveat emptor. :thumbsdown:
-Dave

John Giddens

Stunt Coordinator
Since you've been to the AVS forum then I'll assume your going to exchange your unit? That's what they recommend.

Jason Cald****

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm i just picked up a 5080 unit yesterday. Just finished getting it up and running today. I recorded a few shows while i was at the gym in high quality as a test.

I was pretty impressed by the picture, i had no issues with the color.

I am using composite in from my HD Cable box(can't figure out how to get the Svideo in to work yet) and Component out to my TV.

Still have some tinkering and rewiring to do for the permanent setup but i am impressed and like it alot so far.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to exchange it, and if the second one is the same, then I'll return it.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks