What's new

replacing jumpers (1 Viewer)

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
I had a length of 12 GA wire left over from setting up my syatem. I was going to wind it up and put it away but I figured I got some spare time(wife was out) So I made some short jumpers out of them, fooled around for a while trying to get them to fit in the binding posts and still accept the banna plugs and replaced the stock jumpers on my Monitor 7s with these jumpers. I felt like I heard a slight improvement in the sound of the speakers. It could be all in my mind but you know what?? It cost me 0 dollars and maybe 20 minutes of my time (which I could have used watching Sienfeild reruns) so even if it really made no differnce it cost me nothing!

A lot cheaper than biwiring:D

Mika-H

Stunt Coordinator
Try imagining you have an all Mark Levinson system. It may actually make your system sound better. Hey, it's free :)
I'm not joking. If I said I replaced all you gear with a Mark Levinson setup on one of those "house makeover shows", but all I really did was placed YOUR GEAR inside of Mark Levinson cases and speaker cabinets, you would probably hear an improvement over your "old" system. It isn't you... it's the same "human" thing that causes you to think that putting one of those Tornado things in your air cleaner will cause your car to "seem" more powerful :)

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
IS it possible this made a difference or is it really all in my mind. I guess when I think about it as long as the gold plated jumpers took the signal and passed it along I doub't there is really a differnce. It was good for me to practice my wire stripping skills I guess.

Mark Rich

Second Unit
Audiophiles often replace the factory jumpers with good speaker wire or quality jumpers from Cardas or similar. I'd say its a tweak thats worth trying.
On my Paradigm Ref speakers it did not make a noticeable improvement so I went with Bi-wiring (very slight if any)then Bi-Amping (worthwhile improvement).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks