What's new

Repair or ISF cal: Convergence big time out of wack! (1 Viewer)

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
I own a Hitachi RPTV (43FDX01B)

As I was watching TV, it suddenly went off. The red is like a headspace away creating multiple color shadow of images. The TV has a simple horizontal and vertical line convergence. However, the red doesn't even come close to matching up at maximum allowed. I know that there's a 64 point convergence you can do if you open it up. Never tried it myself but I doubt that would do any good if it's that off with the simple convergence.

Is this a call for repair or should I get a video except to calibrate it. Would an ISF video cal expert know what's wrong?

Thanks in advance!

John Whittle

Stunt Coordinator
Since this happened suddenly, I'd expect to find a failed component. This would be a service call for repair and then you can get it calibrated and converged.

John

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
Well, repairman will be here on friday. Unfortunately, no single place can give me an estimated cost so I have no idea how high it could go up to. That's kind of scarey.

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
Johnny, I was doing some research and thought about the ICs also. I couldn't find out the cost though. Is your $300 total for everything? I don't really know what they are. Is it something that is associated with each bulb?

It'll be nice if you can give me a little feedback on it so I won't get suckered tomorrow.

Thanks ;).

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
My experience with this is all in Toshiba's, but I believe most brands are quite similar. On Toshiba sets, at least, there are 2 chips and they aren't very expensive at all - something like $10 each. The rest is labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks