What's new

Removing stickers from jewel cases? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
keithh - now that i think about i think it is comp usa that i go to. :b

i wouldn't mail order this stuff either. the added shipping costs would probably negate any worthwhile savings. definitely buy local...

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jim said:

Color me impressed, until now I had not come upon an actual jewel case historian.
I did come across an unusual one on a Tool album I bought a few months ago. The case cover (front, whatever) was molded with the fine lines you would find on those optical illusion thingies.
That's what is called a lenticular image. The current version of Emerson, Lake & Palmer Brain Salad Surgery has a lenticular image on the cover as well. They are quite cool. However, one obviously has to be very careful with the jewel case since empty lenticular cases are not available. With my Brain Salad Surgery disc, I actually have the lenticular case in storage in a box with digipaks and other interesting cases. I have the disc and inserts in a standard jewel case on my shelf.

There are other examples of lenticular images on CD covers. An early version of Red Hot Chili Peppers Red Hot Minute has one, and a deluxe version of Iron Butterfly In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida has one as well.

James RD

Supporting Actor
Look for a citrus based product like De-Solv-it . Something like this should be available in most drug stores and supermarkets. It is the best thing I have found for removing stickers and tape residue. And it smells good.:)

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
There are also three other lenticular discs that I know of: industrial artists Download's first two discs "Furnace" and "Microscopic" came in these cases, as did another Key/Western project, Plateau's first disc "Music for Grassbars." The crappy thing is that when I got "Furnace", one of the little nubs that holds the hinge part onto the back of the jewel case was broken so while the disc looks okay, you can't open it without the front of the case falling off. Very irritating.

That Tool disc, I think, is "Aenima", but I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks