What's new

Fox packaging (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I like Fox and own quite a few of their DVDs, but I'm getting sick of the constant parade of crap packaging. Here are a few of the problems I've had:

Digipacks: The hubs don't hold discs securely. They fall out and get scratched up. I had to return the first two seasons of Buffy because of this problem.

Also, they often aren't glued securely. I've had problems with 24 season 2 and X-Men 1.5 seperating from their cardboard.

The keepcases are somewhat better, but have their own problems. Note that I've never noted any of the following problem with DVDs from other studios:

The hub breaks or the disc just isn't snapped on securely and rattles around in the case and gets banged up to the point of being unuseable. I've had this problem with Revenge of the Nerds, Jewel of the Nile, Big and Mrs Doubtfire.

Lastly, the artwork often isn't inserted properly and sticks out from under the plastic. When you remove the security sticker, part of the art comes with.

These are all problem with brand new DVDs when I open them, not things that developed over time. Please increase quality control for packaging.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I am not a fan of the ultra-sticky plastic wrapping on the keepcases of recent Fox DVDs. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks