What's new

Remote problem on receiver.. (1 Viewer)

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
I have a Kenwood VR-507, and i've had it for a few years, either three or four, can't remember. It goes through periods where it won't respond to the remote control, this problem just started recently and it's seemed to get gradually worse. It'll let me turn it on, but after it's been on for a period it won't respond. I'm almost certain it's not the remote, since I've changed batteries and the remote operates all of my other equipment just fine. Any ideas?

Jean-Luc

Auditioning
I have exactly the same problem with a 3-year old VR-509 (bought 11/01) and it has been getting steadily worse over the past 6 months to the point where the remote hardly ever works to turn on the receiver or adjust the volume. However, I know it's NOT the remote unit that is at fault because it still operates normally the DVD player and VCR that I have registered and I also have an older Kenwood VR-407 that this remote unit can operate normally even when the VR-509 won't respond. I know the problem must be with the receiver IR receptor but I don't know how to fix it short of taking it to be repaired, which I hate to think about. The thing that may be saving me with the VR-509 (and I don't know if it's the same with the VR-507) is that the remote can be activated either by IR or RF. Therefore, I was able to connect the small RF antenna which is provided and with it the remote seems to work normally again. I don't know how permanent of a fix that is because I only thought about this a few days ago, but so far, so good

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Thanks for the response. I've done some research, this seems to be a real problem with these. Talk about a stupid thing to have go wrong on a consistent basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks