What's new

Help with Bose Soundbar connection? (1 Viewer)

Trudilu

Auditioning
Real Name
Trudi
Not sure i this is the right place to post this...but I have a Bose 5 Solo Soundbar. I was heaing audio from both my TV and DVD Player. Not sure what happened, but I lost the sound after my Bose Remote dropped to the floor. I found a solution for getting back my sound, except now I just hear it from my TV (Sony Bravia) and not my DVD - which I was hearing before!!!

I can't figure out why I continue to hear sound from my Bose when I'm watching TV - but not when watching a DVD on my blu-ray player. It was fine before - so what can I do to fix this problem???

In order to get my 'sound' back I went to 'settings' on my TV remote; I changed the audio output to 'Digital Audio Output (PCM)' and got my sound back..but just for my TV and not my DVD. How can I get my DVD to receive sound from the Bose as well. It worked before, and I'm not sure what has changed.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Not sure i this is the right place to post this...but I have a Bose 5 Solo Soundbar. I was heaing audio from both my TV and DVD Player. Not sure what happened, but I lost the sound after my Bose Remote dropped to the floor. I found a solution for getting back my sound, except now I just hear it from my TV (Sony Bravia) and not my DVD - which I was hearing before!!!

I can't figure out why I continue to hear sound from my Bose when I'm watching TV - but not when watching a DVD on my blu-ray player. It was fine before - so what can I do to fix this problem???

In order to get my 'sound' back I went to 'settings' on my TV remote; I changed the audio output to 'Digital Audio Output (PCM)' and got my sound back..but just for my TV and not my DVD. How can I get my DVD to receive sound from the Bose as well. It worked before, and I'm not sure what has changed.
did you go into your setting on your bluray player?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
No. I didn't. Should I? I've never even used my DVD remote - if I even have it!!
you might be able to access the setting in your bluray player...since your TV/sound bar work togeter, it seems the BR player is the odd man out !!

Trudilu

Auditioning
Real Name
Trudi
you might be able to access the setting in your bluray player...since your TV/sound bar work togeter, it seems the BR player is the odd man out !!
So sorry; YES I have the LG DVD Bue-Ray remote! I always use it; got confused.

I normally only use it control the DVD once it's in the player (pause, play, etc.) How would I just go to settings? And once I got there; what do I set it to? (see attached). I have 4 remotes 1) Roku remote 2) Sony TV remote 3) LG DVD remote and 4) Bose remote.

I went ahead and bought an 'optical' wire that both my Bose and DVD Player have. I thought I would try that. The thing is, it was working before - just as it was....so I'm not sure what happened.

Trudilu

Auditioning
Real Name
Trudi
So I found the 'settings' on my DVD Player and set to the 'same' settings as my TV which is Digital Audio Output (PCM). Still not working. I'm out of ideas. Can anybody help?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks