What's new

Remote for sony 400 cd changer (1 Viewer)

Ben We

Grip
I have a sony cdp-cx400. I was wondering if I were to buy another sony 400 disc changer, would the LCD remote on the new one show all 800 disc names.

The only one that I can think of with this kind of remote is the cdp-cx450.

By the way, if anyone has a sony 400 disc changer they would like to sell, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ben

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
Ben, I have the Sony CDP-CX450 and I love it's LCD remote control! That remote is the only one I know of that can control up to 3 Sony CD changer and can display the contents of 2 changers. It is also used to control CDP-CX300 and CDP-CX455 changers. www.jandr.com has great prices on the CDP-CX450 & CDP-CX455 changers.

Ben We

Grip
So the remote can show up to 800 cds from two 400cd changers?

What if one of the players is a cdp-cx400? Do you know if it would still work then?

Do you use it with two 400cd players, or one?

Thanks,
Ben

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
Speaking of the CDP CX450. I have this and a 350 but for some reason the remote never displays one or the other's discs. Any answers?

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I take it you have the control cable hooked up?
I have 2x200 & 1x300
I copy all my discs and put text on them so I can see the song title.
I cannot see the text on the slave, maybe only the newer units have solved this problem

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
My CDP-CX450 is set up as the "Master" changer (CD2 position) and the CDP-CX300 is set up as the "Slave" changer (CD3 position). The rear position switches as well as the electronic switches via the front panel have to be set for one unit to control the second. At the moment, my CDP-CX-455 is being used as a stand-alone changer. Special note: About a year ago, I remember seeing a post on www.avs.com or www.avreview.com about adding titles. When both units are linked and turned on, adding a title to one unit can be transferred to the second one as well. Not sure if this covers all units, but,it is something to watchout for.

Ben We

Grip
I have the cdp-cx400. It is loaded full and all of the titles are programmed. If I were to get a cdp-cx455, and were to use the 455 as the master, could I leave the 400 programmed discs in the 400 and have the 455 only partially full.

I ask because it would be a huge pain to reprogram all of the titles into the 455.

THanks,
Ben

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
That shouldn't be a problem since both have megachanger "MASTER" features. My wish is that Sony had made a changer that would control more than one unit. (I'm just a control pig, heh-heh-heh!!!) 1100-1200 cd control w/ a single LCD remote would REALLY make my day!!! Hey, Sony, are you reading this???

Ben We

Grip
Yeah, that sure would be nice.

So you would not necessarilly suggest that I use the newer 455 changer as the master and the older 400 changer as the slave?

If I were to use the 400 as the master, would I be able to use the tv screen display for all 800 cds? I ask this because the 400 does not have this feature and the 455 does.

Thanks, Ben

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
I use a slink-e for my two. But I would still like to have the remote show both player's discs even though I rarely use them (the remotes).

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
Ben, my post above states that you can use "EITHER" player as the MASTER unit. That choice is up to YOU. Since they BOTH have megechanger control, YOU get to choose which unit controls the 2nd one. Try and experiment and see which one YOU prefer.

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
Speaking of the CDP CX450. I have this and a 350 but for some reason the remote never displays one or the other's discs. Any answers?
Yes.
You first need to set up the two for properly functioning master/slave operation. You will need: one s-link cable (1/8" mono to 1/8" mono minijacks), one stereo RCA patch cord, and the users manuals. You need to set the command mode (CD1, CD2, or CD3) properly on both changers as specified in the manual(s).

Once it is all setup, pressing the "mega control" button on the front of the master will not display an error. Now go into the menu of the master and find the option called something like "Load 2nd Name?". This will transfer all the disc titles stored in the custom file memory of the 2nd changer (slave) to the master's memory. After that is done, go into the Remote's menus and re-download the titles into it. It will load all titles including those captured from the 2nd unit, into its memory.

(Note that in your case only the 450 should be used as master. The 350 probably does not have enough memory to hold 700 discs worth of custom file names. The 450 has memory for 800 discs.)

Ben We

Grip
Alright, so I bought a new cdp-cx455 to go along with my old cdp-cx400. But I have a few questions.

I was under the impression that with the megachanger control, it would be like having one changer that has 800 discs rather than just 400. But it seems like you can only control one changer at a time.

For example, I have a bunch of Beatles cds stored in the old cx400. They are under the artist name of "Beatles." So what I would like to be able to do is to put more Beatles cds in the new changer and be able to select the artist name beatles and have the players play beatles cds out of both changers. But that does not seem to work.

Any ideas???

Thanks,
Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks