What's new

Remote Control Question (1 Viewer)

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, quick question: the center channel speaker in my home theater is on a stand in front of, and just below the screen of my Mitsubishi 35" console tv, effectively blocking the receiver for the tv remote. In the rare instance that I just want to channel surf with my non-digital (cheap) cable service, it's quite a work-out stretching to aim the remote. What's the cheapest device available to access the remote receiver without moving the speaker out of the way every Sunday afternoon?
Thanks.

Dick Knisely

Second Unit
IR repeaters / extenders are available to do just what you want. I've seen them but memory fails just where. Google those phrases and I'm several sources will turn up.

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, guys. Did a Google search for ir extenders and repeaters, found only somewhat costly whole system kits for use with in-cabinet electronics. Can't seem to find a source with just a bug type wired extender.
I'll have to try the mirror I guess.

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
Dick, great link. I was having trouble navigating the site earlier. That's pretty much what I'm looking for, just didn't realize how expensive this stuff is.
Thanks again everyone for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks