What's new

Reloaded DVD specs released on the 14th (1 Viewer)

Nick Laslett

Stunt Coordinator
Obviously everything is geared towards the Boxed Set release of the Matrix Trilogy some time in 2004.

This current disc is akin to the Two Towers release in August. A stop gap until the EE.

I wonder what the Boxed Set will include? Probably about 6 discs, I imagine. I hope the footage from "Enter The Matrix" game makes it into one of the movies, as an extra or seamless branching. I assume Animatrix will also make it into the boxed set. I wonder if they will cut new documentaries that incoporate the exisiting ones, or just stick with what they already have?

Anyway, a lot to look forward to!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I am also underwhelmed with the extras (and that cover), but I understand that something more substantive will be available soon.

I want a featurette on the Freeway Chase as much as the next guy, but that's not why I love the film. I expect a much more in-depth look later. For now, top-notch video and audio is all that is required.

And count me in as liking The Matrix, and loving Reloaded.

It's not quite as big as the TTT:EE (for me), but it's close.

Take care,
Chuck

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
The extras look okay to me. Worth watching once, but nothing too special, methinks. I am SO glad they are putting it in a Keepcase though, hopefully, they will do more.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Warner has just announced the region two date as the 10th October, four days earlier than the US release.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
WB using keepcases!? Thank God for small favors!

The only release of The Matrix I'm concerned about is the original one with new transfer. If no DTS (darn you WB!), then at least DD at 448 kilobits/sec. Maybe they'll remix the audio too. I was very disappointed in the first DVD release's soundtrack.

Dan

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Well the 'event' has basically confirmed exactly the same specs as what has already been revealed. Only other things of interest so far is that the extra material is 'over two hours' and the Freeway Chase feature is around 30 minutes. That's about it really.

GrantM

Stunt Coordinator
the only way this won't outsell X2 is if people feel there will be a better edition released later. And from the look of it, that seems very likely. I'll probably just wait for the inevitable box set. one of my roommates will probably buy this edition anyway :)

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Great, I enjoyed Reloaded very much. Not as much as the first one, but I still thought it was a very good movie. I really think this will be one of those movies I'm going to enjoy even more the second time around.

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
I think I'll be skipping this version and waiting for the inevitable Super Duper Trilogy Box Set. No reason to double dip for this movie, since I was disappointed in the film itself. But do to the fact that I'm a completist and loved the first movie, I will eventully get all three. I don't mind repurchasing the first, but TMR I do.

Chris

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
quote: Hmm... I'm noticing a distinct lack of content here as well...
----
After going out-of-house to purchase 5,000,000 Amaray cases, there wasnt money left in the budget. :D

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Other studios probably get a better deal on the keepcases, since they put almost all of their releases in a keepcase, and therfore would have to order many times the number needed for just one release.

If Warner switches to keepcases, it will be a few months before they recoup their losses.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Even though the disk is fairly slim, I'll buy it. After all, I have yet to see it so that money saved at the theater will be well spent, then I can justify the Trilogy box set next year.

Peace Out~:D

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I liked the movie, I like the artwork, and I like the fact that I will be owning this on DVD on Oct 14 2003!

Haden

Supporting Actor
I second the other person's question above: Why aren't any trailers included??

This film has some awesome trailers and I'm shocked that WB has yet again neglected to include such a basic feature on a Matrix DVD. Trailers should be a mandatory feature included with ALL films, especially new movies where we KNOW the content is readily available to include on the release. It's not like this is some 20 year old film and the material could not be found. :frowning:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't a trailer on the original Matrix DVD either, is there?

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
You're right, Matt. There was no trailer on the original disc, by memory they included a link so you could download it from the net.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks