What's new

Reloaded DVD specs released on the 14th (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Specs and Art

I found these... I don't know how accurate they are but it says REGION 1...

from electronicreality.co.uk:

When I saw Matrix Reloaded it at the cinema all I could think about was how good the action scenes were going to look and sound on DVD...... thankfully I won't have long wait all that long to find out! It seems Warner Home Video will be releasing the action-crazy sequel on October 14th as a nice looking 2-disc release:

"In the second chapter of the Matrix trilogy, Neo (Keanu Reeves), Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) and Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) continue to lead the revolt against the Machine Army. In their quest to save the human race from extinction, they gain greater insight into the construct of The Matrix and Neo's pivotal role in the fate of mankind."

Specs:
• "Preload" - go behind the scenes with the cast and crew
• "The Freeway Chase" - anatomy of the mind-blowing scene
• "Enter The Matrix" - making of the groundbreaking video game
• What Is The Animatrix?
• "The Matrix Unfolds" - a look at the Matrix phenomenon
• "Get Me An Exit" - Matrix-inspired design advertising
• The MTV Movie Awards Reloaded
• DVD-ROM features - web links to the official Matrix website
• Image: Seperate 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen and full screen editions
• Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Geez, now I know I'm anal. I find myself wishing they'd release it in a snapper just for consitenency with Matrix, Revisited, and Animatrix.

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
That cover art wasn't amongst the three options that WHV were asking for opinions of...

Still, if this is real, then cool! I guess it's not that surprising that there aren't any commentaries, maybe they're saving them for the trilogy boxset...

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
This was released theatrically with a Dolby Digital EX track, so Warner better be putting it on the disc like they did with the Potter flicks.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Chris, I converted the snappers to amarays so I'm glad it's amaray, but I understand where you coming vis-a-vis consistency.

Matt, I agree, these movies would be worthy of a second purchase. I'm dying to get my hands on a special edition of the first film.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
So in my opinion you should take the number of sold Matrix DVDs and substract maybe 40% and you'll have the number of Matrix Reloaded DVDs that will be sold
I don't think that is the case at all. I know many people who hated the first one, and loved the sequel. So if anything, it will even itself out.

Secondly, what's the point of letting the fans chose the cover, if you wont even stick by it?

Brenton

Screenwriter

Actually, I suspect that they took to heart the comments made by the fans. Most people said that they like the first one best only because the other two looked like cereal boxes with how bland they were. But they thought the first one was still pretty bad because of the giant noggins.

Well, this one has a full photographic background and no noggins.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Well, this one has a full photographic background and no noggins.
Still doesn't save it. This is a horrible cover. Yet fitting, seeing how who ever was supposed to market this film spent all their time coming up with so many poster variations, they lost all creativity when it came to an actual final poster. However, just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Geez, now I know I'm anal. I find myself wishing they'd release it in a snapper just for consitenency with Matrix, Revisited, and Animatrix.
I agree with that. Though I have a feeling Warner will re-release The Matrix and The Animatrix in keepcases.

Could this finally signal WHV discarding the snapper once and for all?

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Consistency or not I hope the end of the snappers is near. However, as this appears to be a two disc set, I don't think we can extrapolate anything towards one disc releases as of yet. Emphasis on yet.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Do you see this face? This is the face of me being underwhelmed.
Seriously. I dont find anything about this a surprise except its two disc and in an amaray. It seems Warner cant put out a great DVD of a first run film, but can put out totally kick ass editions of older films and whatnot(Just look at hte recent Looney Toons news). I think they need to get on the ball, as fox and new line are kicking their ass on quality first run DVDs.
This will still sell like mad, but it could have been so SO much more than it looks like. I have a feeling there might be specs still to be announced though.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I'll be just glad to own the film, as long as it has a top-notch visual and audio transfer, i'll be a happy camper.

No word as to whether it is EX encoded?

Luis A

Second Unit
I agree Nick. I mean hell, WHV could just stick the DVD in a plastic zip-loc bag, and I would still buy it.;)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm certainly underwhelmed with the extras (similar to my feelings on the Indy box).

...but as long as the A/V quality is there, I'll be a happy camper.

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
My eyes deceive me. A Warner movie in a keepcase. I might have to buy this one.

I really enjoy this film and the first one is my favorite. However, for some reason taking just a quick glance at that cover makes me think of "bees" for some reason. I think it's the glasses :D

Daniel J

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm... I'm noticing a distinct lack of content here as well...
I suppose the lack of commentary tracks or features on the first disc means that we'll get a really nice bitrate, but this is still a very dissapointing set of specs. Unless those docs are as long as revisited...

Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of the Brothers recording commentary for any/all of the films? I can see now why they were so tight-lipped in spite of the success of the first film, but after they've released all of the films it would be interesting to hear them explain some of this stuff that alot of people still can't wrap their heads around...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks