What's new

Red Sox sold for $660 million (1 Viewer)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
For a product (baseball in general, not specifically the Red Sox) that is said to be in so much financial peril, according to Selig, someone or some people sure seemed interested.

I'm neither staunchly pro-player or owner, but someone's gotta be stretching the truth. That's a lot of cash to be throwing at a sport in such "dire, fiscal straits".

What the hell's going on here, anyone?

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
They get a nice piece of prime real estate and 80% of NESN as well. :) I hope their first order of business would be to get a new GM and Manager.
Now if only they'll ditch the location for a nice new park on the waterfront. Fenway can't be renovated and I think this line is just a ploy until the deal is formally approved.
I guess that Yawkey trust reservation in NC or some island nearby is going to start getting bald eagles and dodo birds with these proceeds. Maybe they'll try for a real Jurassic Park with $600 mil.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
With player contracts breaking 100 mil getting a whole team for 660 sounds like a pretty good deal.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
I think business acumen frequently flies out the window where sports is concerned. Show me a room full of owners/ownership groups of pro sports teams and I'll show you a bunch of guys whose mid-life crisis was so severe it couldn't even be cured with a garage full of Italian sportscars and a pair of 19 year old Swedish twins.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Well, Mitty, I think you've got the best answer I've heard anywhere. Kinda like, the richer you are, the bigger the toys.

I suppose reason flies out the window when there's a pissing contest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks