What's new

Red Dragon (1 Viewer)

Tom-K

Stunt Coordinator
I was looking at the new movies coming out, and I saw that they remade this film. The original was titled Manhunter but is the same film. It has Anthony Hopkins playing Lector, and Ed NOrton playing Will Graham. The first film was excellent and is only about 15 years old. Not really sure the reason for the remake except to milk the Hopkins/Lector role for some more cash. I find it hard to believe it will be as good as the first one. Anyone else?

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Just saw the trailer today, and despite being a huge fan of Edward Norton, based on the few minutes I've seen, he doesn't look particularly convincing as Graham. He doesn't have the tortured look of William Peterson, and the blonde hair doesn't suit him. He's a fantastic actor, so maybe I'll be proven wrong. ;)
Another bad choice IMO is Ralph Fiennes as the Tooth Fairy. He's too good looking. When your casting the role of a ruthless serial killer whose sole interest is becoming wanted and desired you're stretching credibility by hiring a sex symbol. You can paint as many scars onto his face as you want, he'll still be Ralph. :thumbsdown:
Hopkins is doing SOTL again down to a tee. There was also a complete segment of dialogue that is exactly the same as in Manhunter. I don't know if it was lifted straight out of the book because I haven't read it, but the sequence appeared to by the trailer's centerpiece. I guess they're sticking with what they know works!
Overall, this is an unnecessary production IMO. Cashing in. Nothing more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks