What's new

recommend a 27" TV please (1 Viewer)

Tony_Woods

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking to buy a 27" TV this summer. I am considering Panasonic, JVC, Toshiba, and Sony at the moment. I can't remember the models, but the Panasonic one is the CT-27SX11. I am looking to spend under $600. Recommendations and explainations please! thanks

Tony_Woods

Stunt Coordinator
also, I would like it to have 16x9 mode, whether or not it is done automatically is not as important.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I'll second Dave. Go take a look at the Samsung and I'll bet you'll be surprised at the picture quality & the low price of the set:D I personally think it's the best deal around on tv's.:emoji_thumbsup:

Tony_Woods

Stunt Coordinator
well after reading this recomendations and doing a search on the set I have decided on the Samsung model (or its twin, the Akria (sp?)) Now the problem is where to buy the dang thing! I live in the pandhandle of Nebraska in a city of about 10k so no large AV chains/stores. Are there any good places online to order from that will ship here?

Thanks, can't wait to get this thing!

Bill Will

Screenwriter
www.jandr.com has the Samsung model & they will ship to you but I don't know what S&H would be from N.Y.? I would call J&R though & fight with them over the price. You might want to try a search on www.pricescan.com & see who else has them. As for the Akai set from what I understand only Sam's Club's have them. If all else fails I think you can order one directly from Samsung www.samsungusa.com but you will probably pay full price plus S&H. Just a thought, if your near a Sears they also have them & will match internet prices but the price also has to include the S&H charges. If I was you I would try & find the set locally even if you pay a little more because if you do have a problem with the set & want to exchange it your going to have to pay the return S&H charges so it might be worth it to pay a little more but be able to exchange it without spending any money or having to wait around for another one to be shipped out to you.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I just checked Sam's Club website & they have the Akai for $369.99 but to find out what S&H was you have to be a member. But I would guess it's going to be around $50.00? & J&R is out of them, but the price for the Samsung was $405.00 at J&R

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Tony,

If there is a Sears in your area most of them carry the set. You could even do an internet price match(with some luck). Only other national places I've seen it is Best Buy.

Greer_R

Agent
I can't seem to find the TXL2791F. I can find the TX2790F on the samsung website, or the TXL2767. Anyone have a direct link?

-Greer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks