What's new

Recommedations for an HDTV (1 Viewer)

Hi guys...
We're finally looking to buy a nice HDTV. I've got a couple I'm looking at right now. Let me know what you think?
Sony KP-57XBR10W - Not sure if I can get this for close to $4k or not... doubtful when the msrp is $5,000.
Mitsubishi WS-55907 or perhaps the WS-65907. These seem like very nice sets. I'm going over to Douglas Big Screen tonight to see what they have to offer first hand.
Or... perhaps the Sony KV-36XBR400 is the way to go, which is much cheaper, but smaller, and to my knowledge still has the ability to display a true HD signal (with the proper equipment) correct?
Thanks!
Rob

Oh, I forgot the mention the Toshiba models.
The 56H80, and the TW56X81. They both seem like excellent sets, but I'm not sure what the difference is between the two, they are pretty close in MSRP. Anyone know?

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I would think that a 20-25 percent discount should not be too hard to get off of MSRP. My Mits 65907 lists for $5500 and my price was $4200 (plus tax). I've heard tell of people doing even better than that mail order, or price matching at Sears with a mail order price. But Sears does not always carry the Mits Diamond line. I also did not want to do mail order on such a large item, besides shipping costs would almost offset local sales tax.
Bottom line...paying $4K for a $5K set should be possible, unless your salesman gets greedy.
The Toshiba TW56x81 is last year's model. The 56H80 is this year's model.
Enjoy! Tell us what you pick out!
- Steve

Agreed. I got a WS-65905 a year+ ago and I'm totally and completely happy with it. I have no reservations at all recommending the WS-65907! Go for those 10 extra inches!! They're worth every penny! I'm even lusting after the 73" version now. (Paid $4200+$75 shipping for mine, + tax, + warranty, + calibration). Be *SURE* to get it ISF calibrated! It makes a HUGE difference!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks