What's new

Recievers.. I was told I should repost here.. (1 Viewer)

MatthewLei

Grip
Well I'm just getting into this so I don't really know what the do. I have a stereo system from bestbuy that was about $150. It comes with the unit and 4 speakers. What would I do with it if I want a reciever. I'm hoping to buy totally new parts but I can only get it part at a time. I want a reciever first.. How would I hook the stereo system into it? If it matters the speakers each has a wire that splits into a red wire and a black wire then snap into hole on the back of the system. Also I'll need the best reciever I can get for under $200.. I know it's gonna be bottomline compared to everyone elses.. heh

John Chow

Second Unit
Hmm...well, that can be kind of dangerous. It really depends on what those small speakers are rated as being able to handle. You should be able to buy a cheap Dolby Digital receiver (maybe DTS as well) for $200. Normally you would plug the wire from your speakers into the back of the receiver under the speaker inputs, but I'm not sure if your speakers would be able to handle it. You may also run into a situation where the current wire coming out of your stereo speakers is too short and will be forced to extend them by getting more wire. Personally, I think it is probably too much of a hassle to try and connect stereo system speakers to a receiver, but if you do, just try to find the specifications as far as the amount of power the speakers can handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks