What's new

recessed surge protector (1 Viewer)

corona13

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael
http://www.smarthome.com/48409.html

anyone used one of these. Want something recessed for a LCD which will be wall mountedand my projector, which will be cieling mounted.

Does anyone know of any other recessed/in-wall surge protectors? I'm not looking for an on-wall/external type unit.

thank you!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Panamax is the only one I know of. I have used it a lot. It doesn't provide that much filtering, just surge. Furman also makes one, but it is the same unit as they are owned by Panamax.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Ive never used that model. Do you need filtering? Do you have room for a three gang box, and can you do without a recessed outlet? I think the answers to those questions will let you know which model you need.

corona13

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael
I do have room for a 3 gang box
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
, I couldn't even tell you what filtering is :frowning: and my wife would say I/we could do without the whole home theater experience :angry: .

I am more confused now than I was 30 minutes ago...:eek:

thanks for your help! I'm gonna go with the monster as even though I do not know what filtering is, I've heard it is necessary :emoji_thumbsup:

mylan

Screenwriter

It seems to have more filtering but yet you don't know what it is????
Filtering cleans up the incoming voltage from the inside/outside line, which is notoriously dirty, i.e. has RF/EMI noise from appliances or spikes and surges or even less than 120 V whenever something else either inside or outside your house presents a greater load than the lines can handle. This kind of "dirty" power can kill sensitive electronics over time. Filtering removes this "dirt".

corona13

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael
thank you, that helps!

yeah, it said in the desciprtion, "filters pwer." I assumed that meant it filterd the power.

thank you for that...180 is a lot for on in-wall surge protector, though. I've found some others for 40 made by leviton.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks