What's new

Receivers to go with this HT setup (1 Viewer)

SeanV

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all,
This is an offshoot of an earlier post. I have just purchased a Paradigm system:
Fronts - Studio 40s
Rears - Atoms
Center - Bose Vsc (To be replaced by StudioCC)

I chose this system over a B&W set of 602s and 601s. I am currently looking to upgrade my Sony STR-DE695 receiver. I was originally going to go with the Marantz 7300(refurb) but now am wondering will that still work well the the paradigms or should I consider other options. This is my first HT setup so I am NOT interested in going into seperates at this time (maybe later). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Sean

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
Take a look at the NAD T752/T762 and the Rotel RSX-1055/1065.

The NAD was far better than anything integrated I auditioned. The sound on both the NAD 752 and 762 is more detailed, clear, and richer than any other integrated receiver I auditioned. It especially has more power than similar units near its price range.

The Rotel was a very close second. Both are outstanding. Find a dealer near you and give both a whirl.

Mark Dickerson

Stunt Coordinator
Sean:

Nice speaker system.

I have to agree with Mike, you should be looking at an NAD, but I will go one further. I have compared my Denon 3803 with an NAD 742 and I think the bottom of the line NAD is better. The sound is like quality separates and has as much usable power as does my Denon. It doesn't have all of the gimmicks (oops, I mean "features"--which, BTW, I never use). I am very impressed with the sound of the NAD receivers. Highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks