What's new

Receiver to power Diva's (1 Viewer)

MichaelJ

Agent
I am looking to replace my current receiver.I just ordered the Diva.s 4.1,2.1 and the C-3 also the SVS 25-31PCi. I have about $500.00 to spend.I would like some feedback from any who own these speakers I am concerned about the 6 ohm for the 4.1s .Will I have to set all the speakers to the same ohm,s the others are 8 ohm,s Is this a problem. Onkyo, Yamaha,Integra, Marantz I will be 60% music/40 H.T. Thanks Michael

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Michael,

If your speakers are fairly hard to drive and you are 60 %music. I would look at something you dont have on your list which are the HK recievers. They have strong underated amps in them that will drive inefficient speakers and also sound the best on music in my opinion. Onkyo is nice for ht but a little brittle for music {at least the 797 which I owned}. You could pick up the HK 520 for around 500.00 online. You might also put the denon 2802 on your list as well, very nice warm sound for music and ht.

MichaelJ

Agent
John thanks for the advice I have been hearing some good things about the H.K. I also read a post about the Denon.s that was not too favorable with regards to music and I think that they are a bit over priced.

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Chung,

I should have said high five hundreds. Its sells for about 575.00-600.00 at b&d electronics, crazzy eddies, dirt cheap audio and video...

chung

Stunt Coordinator
Its sells for about 575.00-600.00 at b&d electronics, crazzy eddies, dirt cheap audio and video...
CrazyEddie sells it for $617. I also know J&R is selling it for about $625, and OneCall had a $635 deal last week. Haven't heard of B&D or Dirt Cheap audio and video...

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Chung,

Do a search on yahoo shopping and you will find B&D and dirt cheap. Also I gurantee you could talk crazzy old eddie down a bit on his "FIRM" price of 617.00.

PomingF

Second Unit
Michael, AV123 used the Outlaw receiver in their 2000 CES demo. Other Diva owners use Onkyo & Denon receivers with no problem what-so-ever. Just hang in there a while and I am sure they will chime in. :)
PF

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Right now I am using a cheap Sony SRT-DE 845 (rated at 100 watts x5)to power my Divas. I have the 5.1's C3, the 2.1's will be arriving in about 3 weeks, they are back ordered. I played the 5.1's and C3 all weekend with some Sony sattelite speakers as my surrounds and I had enought power for now. You will love your Divas and I am sure mine will get better once I upgrade my receiver.

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
I am using the Sony as well and have no problems driving the Divas. Mine are all 8 ohm, but I have read a lot of the Diva posts, and many are using the Denon 2802's and 3802's successfully with their 4.1's.

Russ

David Scott

Stunt Coordinator
I've read through the entire parts I,II,III and unoffical Diva threads over at AVS forum (hmmm...over 2,000 posts) and haven't read anything about anyone having any problems running their Divas. I even had my ancient Pioneer receiver running the 6.1's, C3 and 2.1's with no problem before my Denon 3802 arrived. I sure if you go with any middle of the line receiver of the brands that you mentioned you'd have no problems running your Divas. BTW what is your current receiver?

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
I don't think you'll have any problems running the Diva's off of any good quality receiver. Since you listen to a bit more music than HT, I'd suggest looking into Marantz.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks