Receiver Problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by ShaunM, Apr 2, 2006.

1. ShaunM

ShaunM Auditioning

Okay, I purchased the Onkyo HTIB a box system awhile ago.. so the warrenty doesn't apply to me.. I wish. But the receiver model it came with the HT-R410. Its been working GREAT until a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that it wouldn't produce any sound in any mode other then DIRECT. It didn't matter what the source, DVD, Aux Videos, AM/FM Radio.. I would put it in setereo, or surround mode.. and I got nothing. Now its been like this for about two weeks now.. any suggestions?

I've unplugged for for mintuts at a time.. all the connections are correct, but still nothing. Any help would be great~ Thanks guys

2. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    As a long shot, make sure speaker "b" is not selected and and dis-connect the headphones if they are plugged in. Otherwise, try a reset. In my Onkyo HT-500 manual, on the last page, under the heading "When incorrect operation is observed", it says to hold down the VIDEO 1 button and push the STANDBY/ON button. "Clear" should appear on the display. This returns the unit to the factory settings. Hopes this helps.

3. ShaunM

ShaunM Auditioning

Thanks for the suggestions..heh.. tried em a few times.. at least the factory reset, and still the same results.. maybe its just time to upgrade..I'll give it a few more days and see if there are any other suggestions, thanks again.