What's new

Receiver crossover ???? (1 Viewer)

RyanJE

Second Unit
Are you suggesting I parallel my sub with my mains? By conventionally do you mean use the Sub out (LFE) out on the receiver?

If I set the sub x-over to below 60 hz though wouldn't it do below that freq and the mains would handle all above 42hz (there rating)? Thereby limiting the overlap range.

P.S. Sorry im not sure how can i tell how High my subs fixed x-over is. Only anything above that would come out of my mains??

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
that may be as difficult to ascertain as the crossover on your receiver! what sub is it? you could try the manufacturer's website or the manual. and yes, only those frequencies above it will be sent to the speakers when they're connected to the sub's speaker level outputs.

AGAIN, i say wait until you have everything connected conventionally and try it out. i still think that setting up all your speakers as SMALL is the way to go for you.

RyanJE

Second Unit
Thank you, Thank you Scott. I have to say I am very grateful for all of your help. Ill git a couple different versions a whirl and see how they sound. I think im just going to eliminate the parallel option. It does seem though that this is how polk would advise to do it. Anyway, thanks a million for all of your help.

P.S. I do not know the diff. between LFE and Normal. Any good links?? Also does LFE mean my Sub out on the receiver is absolutely filtered. According to Polk It could be unfiltered, but I have no way to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks