What's new

Receiver clearance (1 Viewer)

Hyun K

Stunt Coordinator
Well guys... thanks for your ideas. Funny cause before coming back to this thread after a couple days, I went ahead and thought up of my own fan ideas. So for you 3802 owners that have an open rear on your cabinet, this is what I did. Recently, my computer power supply burned out, so I took the fan out of that and hooked it up to a 9vDC adapter I happen to have on hand. For those that don't know how to convert or wire AC to DC. Simple... just splice the wires of the fan and the AC/DC adapter, twist, electrical tape them, and bingo. super easy. I then got some metal wiring and paper clips and secured the fan flush onto the back vent of the 3802 (did not mount fan on rack but on the receiver) and had it pulling air out of the 3802. Plugged in the adapter to the back of my receiver and voila... the fan turns on and off with the receiver. The fan being a 12v, I was worried I wasn't powering it enough and air flow wasn't as good as it could be. But I played the receiver straight for a couple hours and the receiver never played so cool. Before the fan, the receiver played not hot but very warm. Now, after the fan, the receiver is barely warm. Huge difference. Almost forgot... it's super quiet... and I'm using a fan from a computer power supply that was plenty loud on my computer. Maybe due to the fact that I'm using a 9v adapter. But even while I'm not playing anything, I can't hear the fan at all. For those of you that don't have enough clearance for your amps, fans are definitely the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks