What's new

Rears to match Polk LSi front and center (1 Viewer)

Brian_McC

Auditioning
For a new home theater installation, I have found I really enjoy the new Polks. This is going to be a room primarily for movies, and some sporting events, and is not a "dedicated room". Unfortunately, I need to do the rear channel speakers as inwalls, and am unclear as to how to determine which way to go. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian_McC

Alex F.

Second Unit
I recommend calling Polk for suggestions. Ask whether any of Polk's own in-wall speakers are timbrally close enough to your LSi's to be effective. If any specific model is not noticeably brighter in the upper-midrange and treble than your LSi, it should work.

Some of the Polk in-walls have "aimable" tweeters, which is helpful to lessen treble brightness if any should exist. I would try aiming the tweeter upward toward the ceiling, which would, happily, also improve surround ambience.

Good luck!

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Brian,

Could you sink something like the LSi7 into the wall? That would be the best match for sure. If not Alex's ideas would be best.

Brian

Brian_McC

Auditioning
I appreciate your suggestions. There is inadequate room to do "countersink" the speakers. I am told that the Polk inwalls are kinda weak compared to similarly-priced inwalls from other manufacturers. Now, it may be that it still is the best option, given the desire to "match", but I have followed a number of threads suggesting that isn't a huge deal. Will keep watching the thread, and see what else others have to say.

Thanks, again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks