Rears to match Polk LSi front and center

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian_McC, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Brian_McC

Brian_McC Auditioning

For a new home theater installation, I have found I really enjoy the new Polks. This is going to be a room primarily for movies, and some sporting events, and is not a "dedicated room". Unfortunately, I need to do the rear channel speakers as inwalls, and am unclear as to how to determine which way to go. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian_McC

2. Alex F.

Alex F. Second Unit

I recommend calling Polk for suggestions. Ask whether any of Polk's own in-wall speakers are timbrally close enough to your LSi's to be effective. If any specific model is not noticeably brighter in the upper-midrange and treble than your LSi, it should work.

Some of the Polk in-walls have "aimable" tweeters, which is helpful to lessen treble brightness if any should exist. I would try aiming the tweeter upward toward the ceiling, which would, happily, also improve surround ambience.

Good luck!

3. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

Brian,

Could you sink something like the LSi7 into the wall? That would be the best match for sure. If not Alex's ideas would be best.

Brian

4. Brian_McC

Brian_McC Auditioning

I appreciate your suggestions. There is inadequate room to do "countersink" the speakers. I am told that the Polk inwalls are kinda weak compared to similarly-priced inwalls from other manufacturers. Now, it may be that it still is the best option, given the desire to "match", but I have followed a number of threads suggesting that isn't a huge deal. Will keep watching the thread, and see what else others have to say.

Thanks, again.