What's new

Rear (R and L) speakers not working during 5.1 Surround Test (1 Viewer)

S Mahesh Kumar

Auditioning
Real Name
S Mahesh Kumar
Dears,
I have Bose Acoustimass 10 Series 5 and Onkyo Rz710. I had initially (1 month back) setup this new system and everything was working fine. But then due to change in my home furniture settings, (not the seating place) i did recalibration. During recalibration everything sounded okay, I mean the amplifier identified all the speakers and calibrated. After recalibration, i felt i lost the surround so i played a youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL9-sIZRDHg) for checking the surround effect. This was the same video i played first time (just month back) to check if all the the sounds are coming correct. During that time everything was perfect. However when i played that video after recalibration, front (R &L) and center speakers were perfectly fine but the surround speaker sound was coming only from the front speakers, i mean the Surround Right was coming from Front Right and similar for the the left ones and further for the LFE i didnt get any sound. Normally in the video you would see that the sound are directed to particular speaker and checked. In my case i get the surrond sound from the front speakers. I dont know whats happening.
While playing songs, i still get the Bass but not the surround effect.
Before i ask this question to you, i tried restart options, switch off switc onn options, recalibration options also checked the wire connection but no sucess can you please help me how to get my surround effect.

Thanking you in in Advance for your patience hearing and support

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Why are you relying in a Youtube video to set up your system when your receiver can do all that?

Did you read any of the comments below the video?

“the rear left and right are coming from the front left and right speakers”

“Do not waste your time by taking these videos as source to set up your speakers, YouTube only supports stereo format.”

“It seem the web browsers do not support surround sound”

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks