What's new

Ready for another Austin meet??? (1 Viewer)

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Greg, thanks for volunteering to host on March 24! And an special thanks to your wife for putting up with us HT fanatics (most females don't understand). Your restaurant selection (Chuey's on Research?) sounds fine.
Colin, did you do your e-mail list thing?
Hope to see y'all there. I may bring my Tempest sonosub with built-in amp.
biggrin.gif

Stephen_M

Agent
Colin - please count me in. I dropped by unannounced last time - and figured it would be rude if I did that again!
thx,
stephen

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Hank I can't wait to check out your sub. I have been giving the idea of a new sub some serious thought, so I am curious how the sono will sound in my room. I have a stereo run of interconects to my velodyne right now so we could stack yours on top of mine and run them both at the sametime to see how a doubled up set up sounds.
Greg

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
I just blasted out the official announcement for the 24th. Hopefully, that will generate a little more interest in the March meet.
------------------
- - -- - -
Colin Dunn

Frank Tang

Auditioning
Good thing I decided to pop in here.. figured it was about time for another meet.
Count me in for now, I had a blast at the last one.
-Frank

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
Well, that sounds good to me. If for nothing else, for the lunch. :) I can't wait to see the system setup. I am hopeing to build my own sub, sooner or later. I'll see y'all there.
------------------
Jeff Blair
A little boy asked his father, "Daddy, how much does it cost to get
married?" And the father replied, "I don't know son, I'm still paying.
My DVD's

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
A couple quick things...
Looks like we have critical mass for the 03/24 meet. I count 12 people, including myself. They are: Korey McAlpin, Doug_H, Shawn McBride, Jeff Blair, Hank Frankenburg, Greg Risley, Kevin_R, Stephen_M, Frank Tang, Chad Anson, Robert Elrod, and myself.
I've been corresponding in E-mail with Brian Kurtz of Sound Mind Audio. He won't have all the stuff in to do a full-blown home theater demo. However, he does have the stuff for showing off state-of-the-art two-channel stereo. If you guys are also music buffs, that could still be a very interesting and rewarding demo (not to mention threatening to one's budget).
Greg Risley - are you still able to host? If you can confirm, there will be an onslaught of HT fanatics headed your way on the 24th!
------------------
- - -- - -
Colin Dunn

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Jinkies Scooby. 12 peoples! It will be a tight fit but I think we can squeeze. If you have lawn chairs bring'em (clean'em off first, otherwise you'll have me as new room mate if the wife finds rust/mud stains on the carpet." I've got 6 chairs of different comfort levels. I'll be fine tuning till the day of meet. Was going to lower the screen a little bit but with this many people coming I'll just leave it at 48" to the bottom of the screen, so everyone can have a good view. I will be making some screen matts this week since the projector is a little closer to the screen than it was in my old set-up. Still got a 71" X 40" image. Looking forward to the meet.
Greg

Frederick_Falk

Second Unit
Hey, Colin.
Did you forget about me. I just popped in today to see if there was any activity for the Austin area meet and saw that you had sent out an email to previous attendees. I did not get the email and I would like to attend if I am welcome. The 24th would also be good for me and I would be willing to bring along my Sony S9000ES DVD player if you would like to compare it to others.

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
Well all, some news. I am still hopeing to be able to attend, but I am not so sure now. I was just layed off.
frown.gif
So, depending on where I end up and on what shift will tell if I can go or not. Anyone looking for a IT person?? :)
------------------
Jeff Blair
A little boy asked his father, "Daddy, how much does it cost to get
married?" And the father replied, "I don't know son, I'm still paying.
My DVD's

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Greg, I was thinking about bringing my 24" diameter Tempest sonosub, but if you're that tight for space, I'd better not bring it. ??
Colin, is Sound Mind an audio-only dealer at this time and making the transition to cover all HT equipment? If so, we might want to ony do one store OR substitute another 2nd store for this one. Just a suggestion.

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Hey Hank. I think with as many people who have signed up it might be a little tight. I was looking forward to hearing(feeling) it too. Maybe next time.
Greg

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
Frederick -
Of course you're welcome at the HT meet! I'll have to check that I have your current E-mail on my distribution list, because I could have sworn your name was on that list. I hadn't seen you post to the forum lately, so I thought you just got busy with other things...
------------------
- - -- - -
Colin Dunn

Frank Tang

Auditioning
Hey Colin,
Since you're checking that list anyways... I didn't get a email either and I'd like to be added as well. I hardly ever post so you'll rarely see my name anywhere else but these local meet threads.
-Frank

Will Ernst

Agent
Just found the group. I'm slowly trying to build up my HT setup, I've had a HTPC for about a year and a half, now I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to look at projectors. I'd love the chance to see some in action. I'm also Hepcat from AV Science forums at avsforum.com and Caffiend in the girder forum if any of you frequent them.
-will

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Howdy
For the meet on the 24th, 12 bodies is pushing max. capacity of my room. I'll try to post some pics soon on this thread. Collin is the man to talk to about attending.
Boy it appears there is alot more Austin area ht junkies than we knew about here on the HTF. I wish I had a home theater to accomodate a large group but that is the problem with a dedicated room is it typically one of the smaller rooms in the casa. I'm working on the wife to let me convert the formal living and dining room into home theater heaven, but no luck.
Maybe someday we could do a big group meet and everyone kick in a little cash to rent a nice DLP projector and do an outdoor movie night. And everyone could bring thier subs so we could make a wall of bass and have some real slam.
Later
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks