What's new

Austin HD DVD vs DVD meet. Sat. Aug. 5th. Who's in? (1 Viewer)

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Alright guys the theater is ready and so is the casa, for a full tilt meet. Sat. the 5th I have access to a 2nd Panasonic AE-700 projector. For source comparison I have the top notch Onkyo DV-SP1000 THX Ultra upscaling dvd, and the new Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD player. I have two hdmi cables,so we can have both projectors running at the same time and all we have to do it block the image on one while the other runs. My current list of HD DVD's are.
The Bourne Supremacy also the DVD
Blazing Saddles also the DVD
Pitch Black also the DVD
Unforgiven also the DVD
Serenity need the dvd, anyone?
Sleepy Hallow need the dvd, anyone?

I also have lots of other activities. Poker table. Pool table is nice and leveled and waiting for some play. I got the the HD DVR box and X-box hooked up to the JVC 61" dila projection tv. A new Velocity gaming computer with full surround for a little Half Life 2 or King Kong action. Or if your really bored you can put on the bite-suit and see what it like to be taken down by a police Sheppard since I'm babysitting Mom's sweet pooch. Maybe thats for another meet.

Plenty of room guys. I will food and beverages. Anyone want to try out my new Mojito recipe? Let me know if you would like to attend and I will email directions.
Hank you are due at me casa.

Figure a start time of around 7 pm and leave whenever.

Greg

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Oh yeah, I am in for sure Greg.

Your at a new place right? Directions please, then.

Anyone have a Blu-ray player to throw in as well?

Ian B

Stunt Coordinator
Greg;

Count me in. Here is a list of the most recent HD DVDs I have handy. The rest are in a box as I am packing due to selling of the house.

Sahara
Tomb Raider
Sleepy Hollow
We Were Soldiers
Four brothers.
The Italian Job--Getting this one on Tuesday along with V for Vendetta.
PM with directions please.

Thanks,

Ian B

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
COUNT ME IN!!!

Sounds like a great time. I can bring some extra XBOX controllers if need be, I even have a wireless one. Also would be happy to donate some money to poker. Should I bring some folding chairs?

Also, can I bring my puppy? She is very submissive, so no aggression problems. Just not sure if it's a good idea with a police dog on premises.....

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Hey Mark

Sure bring a couple of controllers. I've got three but my wireless one is unreliable. As for the pooch, if it was just my dog Boomer, who is 10 months old, I would say yeah but since the sheppard doesn't really play well with new dogs. Might not be wise. She tends to lead with the teeth. Great dog for a lady who lives alone but not the most animal social dog.

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I was a little worried about the shephard. Pooch will stay home, me and my xbox controllers will be there :)

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Gregg, what's your address? I'm going to open a store next door to your house - I don't care what kind of store. You are the most rabid impulse-buyer I've ever known. I'll get rich selling you STUFF!

Sounds like a fun meet!

Jonathan DA

Screenwriter
I'll try to be there, but we have a dinner party scheduled for the 5th, so if I can make it I'll be pretty late.

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
Mkay, so I'm going to have to be a shmuck and back out on this one - my sleep schedule flip-flopped again and it's not safe for me to drive. Hope you guys have a good time!

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
Change of plans - I WILL be there tonight - I just talked my Dad into driving. I'll be about an hour late, but I'll be there!

Jay.H

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,
I just heard out about this through the grapevine today.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
(closest thing to a dancing raisin I could find). You shoulda linked or posted this on one of the other already established Austin HTF threads.

I'll be there. And I'll bring my cue. I haven't been able to play on my table for awhile, so it'll be good to knock some of the rust off.

Ian B

Stunt Coordinator
Greg:

Thanks for hosting the hddvd vs sddvd session last night. Had a great time and learned something.

Ian B

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Well, I stayed up to 12:45 AM tonight, but I am now the proud new owner of a Pro-ject Perspective Turntable. Hopefully all goes well and it arrives here safely. Decent deal I think for with the few extras he has included I am getting it at a little more than 50% off.

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Had a good time having everyone over. Sorry Hank didn't make it but I would ditch us dorks for cute date to.

Greg

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Wish I'd remembered to ask this while I was at Greg's house.
What are the chances of Greg, Mark, Ian, Scott and Jonathon all being born on November 30th?
Or is this some freaky HTF default date?
Yes, I do have lots of spare time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks