What's new

Re: *** Official MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE III Review (1 Viewer)

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I think if the "tight framing, long lenses, strobe lighting, constantly vibrating camera, shutter speed manipulation and random inserts of nothing but blur" is done well then it works, there are a number of directors who do that sort of thing and screw it up, I agree. I think though that JJ did it well. Mission Impossible doesn't strike me as a "wide angle" movie series. Different directors, different approches. I would like to see what David Fincher would do with a flick like this. A lot of his flicks are shot from the ground level.

The quick cut, fast paced, tight, dimly lit action sequence is a product of our ever shortening attention span. It seems that unless you're Spielberg or Scorsese you don't get respect for doing the widely shot, fitting as much action in a frame as possible thing.

Nonetheless I like both styles.

I agree that JJ has a good career ahead with a good career behind him also... Remember he wrote, Regarding Henry, Forever Young, Armageddon, Alias, Lost, Felicity, we'll just disregard Gone Fishin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks