1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

UHD Review Mission: Impossible II UHD Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Neil Middlemiss, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    Neil Middlemiss

Mission: Impossible II UHD Review
    [​IMG]

Mission: Impossible II is the low point for the cinematic adventures of Ethan Hunt and his varying IMF team, but it remains an entertaining film, if flimsy. Highlights include the central performances and several engaging action sequences supporting a less than compelling plot concept, with the whole affair caught up in too many slow motion shots trying to achieve drama, rather than accentuating drama. Still, director John Woo’s style is unmistakably on show here, and once you embrace that, M: I II becomes drastically more enjoyable.

[review]

Osato and Tino like this.
  2. Message #2 of 4 Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Producer

Joel Henderson
    You can argue whats the best Mission: Impossible movie until the cows come home. You CANNOT argue that II ISN'T the worst one. Its just that bad.

EDIT: Last time I checked, Hong Kong was not in Japan.

demy and Osato like this.
  3. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Is this missing the "Mission Improbable" extra? If so, that's disappointing. If it were shown in better quality than what we got on the DVD, I'd be all in.

"In order to do my job, I have to ask myself 'who is Tom Cruise', 'what is Tom Cruise'...'why is Tom...Cruise', 'when is Tom...Cruise'."

4. demy

demy Extra

Bill
    Interesting how the consensus changes over time.

I loved M:I and didn't understand why for years folks considered it the worst in the series (maybe it was the Phelps thing). Nowadays it's widely considered one of the best.

I hated M:I-2 and didn't understand why it was so well-received. Now most agree it's the worst M:I film -- by far -- and Woo's tiresome gimmicks have dated badly. I rewatch all the movies in the series except that one.

Osato likes this.