What's new

RCA offering a 61" HDTV with built-in HDTV tuner! (1 Viewer)

GarryW

Stunt Coordinator
I see that some manufacturers are trying to get us interested in HDTV! Last Sunday the ad for local Best Buys in Chicago had an ad for this set with a price of $3,499.00
When do think other manufacturers will follow suit? I'm sure it's quite a stumbling block for most of us when you are used to getting a tuner built in, especially for this very slow moving technology.
I heard the Mits 2001 sets will have built n HDTV tuners.

Bruce McGowan

Auditioning
The next generation Sony HDTVs are supposed to have two ATSC tuners built in. I don't know what their price is going to be, but Sony usually charges considerably more than other mfrs for the same product.
A friend of mine just purchased the RCA w/built in HDTV receiver and he's not happy with it at all. He told me it constantly has artifacts, etc, but he's only had it for a week and there could possibly be a problem with his set. He has arranged for RCA to come out to check it.
(IMHO) I'd carefully check out the RCA at a store that has it hooked up on DirecTV before suggesting you purchase one.
------------------

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a believer in built-in tuners. Right now, there are just too many variables. Copy-protection, firewire issues and the fact that there is still no must-carry order for cable providers makes built-in tuners a risk not worth taking. Better to get a HDTV ready moniter and add on an external tuner.
Bruce
------------------
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." M. Gandhi

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks