What's new

Radio signal in the Basement??? (1 Viewer)

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Hi I have a question about FM radio, I am in the process of finishing my HT in the Basement,(Click my Yellow House for my HT Page). I was wondering If I could get a signal with a Amplified Antenna in the Basement I would have the antenna in the Basement. here is the link:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WJAB2Vm...plified+antena

Or would getting a Attic antenna be the Best solution (last one on web page)!! THNX :D

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Well, of course an external antenna high up is better, but I don't know anything about the signal strength where you are, and how the building would affect this etc, so the only way to tell what your radio reception would be like would be to try it. If you are constructing or something like that, I would run some coax in case for TV and radio and all that because it's so cheap and it's obviously a lot harder to do in a completed space.

If you have any kind of portable radio, you can see how much the signal suffers in the basement, if at all.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
I am real close to the stations that I listen to. I was just hoping somebody had a amplified antenna in there basement as well to get a Idea if it worked!!

I had tried my radio B4 I took it out of the room it didnt work that is when I thought of trying an Amplified antenna, I would hate having to Buy it only to find out it DONT work.

I am going to be getting HDTV from my comcast so I will be running a coax for that. I was also thinking of running the cable for the antenna as well but I would rather just use the Amplified Antenna.

I will have music channels thru cable but I want to get 93.3 WMMR the local rock station I listen to every now and then!!

:D

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
you can also just use the same antenna for both radio and TV, that's what I do to make things simpler.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks