What's new

r2 new edition of Trainspotting soon !!!!!! (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I did some more digging and came up with this

This work is made up of a number of separate components.
Note that since February 2001 the BBFC has measured each component separately, but older works may not have the exact details, only a list of titles.
00:00:00:00 | TRAINSPOTTING-DELETED SCENES-DELETED SCENE #24
00:00:00:00 | DELETED SCENE #31
00:00:00:00 | DELETED SCENE #32
00:00:00:00 | DELETED SCENES #73 & #110
00:00:00:00 | DELETED SCENE #142
00:00:00:00 | DELETED SCENE #143
00:00:00:00 | DELETED SCENE #188
00:00:00:00 | DELETED SCENE #191
00:00:00:00 | DELETED MONTAGE SCENE

A film or video, together with associated trailers may exist in several versions and all versions known to the BBFC are listed below.

Category Type Date Company Run Time Cut Title
Video 06/09/2002 Universal Pictures (UK) Ltd 10m 30s No TRAINSPOTTING - DELETED SCENES

Details are likely to be more complete and accurate for the version submitted most recently.
When a film is transferred to video the running time will be shorter by approximately 4% due to the differing number of frames per second. This does not mean that the video version has been cut or re-edited.
This entry was last updated 10/09/2002

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
To be fair, those are on the existing Canadian DVD release. The version of the film to own of course is the excellent Criterion Laserdisc which I'd like to see re-issued as anamorphic on DVD.... Not looking likely.

Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Jeff,

Criterion Ed has British Theatrical version of the film (which wasnt cut like the UK home video versions were), commentary from Boyle, McGregor, Andrew MacDonald and John Hodge, nine deleted scenes with commentary, interview with Irvine Welsh and excellent liner notes inside the gatefold sleeve by Welsh.

Dan

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Dan

Thanks for the info about the Criterion SE, I did not know and have no Laserdisc player either

Oh well, never mind

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Oscar, I'd hope there's a slim chance we will eventually see it on DVD (Criterion Ed) given their relationship with Disney who have the rights to Trainspotting in the US (via Miramax). The transfer on the LD... I'd never seen the film look so good in terms of colour.

Dan

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Criterion Ed has British Theatrical version of the film (which wasnt cut like the UK home video versions were), commentary from Boyle, McGregor, Andrew MacDonald and John Hodge, nine deleted scenes with commentary, interview with Irvine Welsh and excellent liner notes inside the gatefold sleeve by Welsh.
OK, so the commentary is the only thing missing from the 2 R1 DVDs. It would be nice to have, but it's not really worth me trying to chase down an LD for.

Jeff

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I understand the current version of Trainspotting is cut in the UK (needle puncturing skin if I remember right). I doubt the BBFC policy will have changed or that this would be resubmitted anyway.

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
The bbfc website lists an audio commentary and says that all previous cuts have been waived,so it looks like I'll be buying this when it is released.

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
Here's what Empire Magazine reported in its latest issue:
--- Everything will be put right in June, however, with the arrival of the Trainspotting Special Edition. Director Danny Boyle confirmed to Remote Control that the DVD will feature the commentary track he recorded alongside Andrew Macdonald, John Hodge and Ewan McGregor for the Criterion laserdisc. Interview material with the filmmakers and author Irvine Welsh is also on the cards, with perhaps the added bonus of some archive footage from the legendary Cannes premiere and party.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
it is up for pre order at http://www6.cd-wow.com/detail_result...duct_code=4976
special features of the 2 disc edition
* Audio commentary by Director Danny Boyle and Ewan McGregor
*Interview with*Author Irvine Welsh
*Danny Boyle Injection Scene
*Behind The Music
*Behind The Production
*Cannes Party Footage
*Newly Filmed interviews with Danny Boyle, John Hodge and
Andrew Macdonald
*Marketing Gallery
*Film analysis with Mark kermode
*Biographies

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
According to DVD Reviewer, it will be an extended cut of the film that is being released. Dont know if this is accurate or not

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
According to DVD Reviewer, it will be an extended cut of the film that is being released. Dont know if this is accurate or not.
Hey, it looks like they're right.....the BBFC gives the running time of the DVD as 94 minutes, which works out to about 98 minutes once PAL speedup is factored in. The original cut runs 94 minutes. A bit surprised nobody noticed that earlier. But if it is indeed an extended cut, wouldn't that muck up the commentary track (which was recorded for the original version of the film)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks