What's new

quick question about this optical cable (1 Viewer)

Fred G

Agent
I'm somewhat of an HT newbie and I've never used optical cables before. Any help would be appreciated as I'd like to order this within the next few hours.

The Optical Cable will be going from my DVD player to my receiver.

Now this:

nwca.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=products.showDetail&header=Keyword%20Search&subheader=Results&productID=50&flag=Standalone

seems to have two different ends. One is clear while the other is solid. I assume the solid end is just a protective cap of some sort?

On the other hand this:

national-tech.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?text=optical+cable&type=all

seems to be a standard optical cable, which is what I need to make the connection.

Are these two products the same thing or is the first one not a digital optical cable?

I assume optical cables only come in MALE/MALE configurations. So why exactly does the cable in the first link have different ends?

(add www to all links)

FeisalK

Screenwriter
seems to have two different ends. One is clear while the other is solid. I assume the solid end is just a protective cap of some sort?
Fred,

the clear end looks to be similar to the protective cap I have on my optical cable. I think also optical cables nowadays have two different sized plugs/ends (maybe smaller ones for the mini devices like MD recorders)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks