What's new

New to the forum. Quick question regarding my Sony Bravia making the handshake with (1 Viewer)

tks

Auditioning
Real Name
todd
my Denon Receiver.
The Sony is mounted on the wall and there is a 35 foot hdmi cable as well as an ethernet cable that go under the house and meet up with the Denon AV Receiver (for the HDMI cable) and the router (for the ethernet).
The AVR and Sony TV aren't making the handshake which would allow me to use the built in surround sound system when I'm trying to use the smart functions of the tv. They work when I use my Directv receiver but not when I'm trying just to use the smart functionality on the tv. I know I can get a Roku and bypass the Smart features on my TV, but my whole point in getting a smart tv was to use its interface.
Perhaps the HDMI cable is too long? There is nothing I can do about that if that's the case.
What about hooking up component audio as that was prewired as well. Could I use HDMI for video and component audio for sound?
Should I get a 35 foot digital optical cable and connect that from the AV receiver and the TV? Can I use the digital optical cable while also taking advantages of the HDMI video?
Anyway, first time here. And advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot
Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation730
Recent bookmarks