What's new

Quick and The Dead a Pleasant Surprise (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It's anamorphic ! I stayed away from Columbia's original release because I thought it nonanamorphic.Well the repackaged version was at BB for $9.95 and I had 10% off so for $8.99 I figured what the heck, it's one of my favorite westerns. Boy was I surprised when I popped in the disk to find a stunning Anamorphic transfer. This is what Tombstone should have looked like, only the faintest hint of EE. If your on the fence on buying this don't wait like I did.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
A lot of Columbia Tri-Star Home Video DVDs have widescreen transfers enhanced for 16:9 tvs. Its just that the artwork never mentions it.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Is there not a European cut with extra scenes...?
I love this movie, but am waiting for a SE to replace my LD.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Yeah, I enjoyed it. As far as CTHV is concerned, just about 99.9% of their releases must be anamorphic even if the boxes do not say so.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Yeah I liked this western too. I really liked Raimi's style of direction especially in this one. Also the dolby digital track rocks on this DVD when I rented it way back. I can only imagine how it would sound with the DTS treatment. Ah yes... someday....

Haden

Supporting Actor
I too love this film, but have put off buying it in hopes of a special edition with some nice extras. I'm especially wanting the scenes cut from the film. There were a few interesting ones including a brief love scene between Sharon Stone and Russell Crowe, and a cameo appearance by Bruce Campbell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks