What's new

quick 3802 DTS question (1 Viewer)

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I'm alittle confused about the LFE adjustments on the 3802 regarding DTS and DD. If I go into the surround paramenters I only have a LFE adjustment(which I keep at 0)

Should I have the option of adjusting an LFE for DTS and another for DD? The manual is lacking in this regard.

I have checked this while both DD and DTS movies are playing and I still only have a general LFE adjustment.

I am not talking about the sub cahnnel levels, but the actual LFE levels.

Thanks in advance

Earle

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Earle: Yes, the 3802 will remember separate LFE settings for DD and DTS. But the ability to adjust them only exists when the 3802 is playing DD or DTS.

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Chuck, how do you adjust the LFE pad for DTS then?

Earle

greg_t

Screenwriter
When you are playing a DTS DVD, you will have the ability to see and manipulate the DTS LFE pad. I have a 2802 but can't remember off the top of my head where you find it. The factory preset is "0" for both DD and DTS, which is the correct settings. An LFE setting of "0" applies the proper 10db of boost to the lfe channel. The only time you would need to change it is when you are playing a DTS CD. DTS CD's require the LFE to be set to -10, as it does not require the 10db of boost that DTS movies do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks