What's new

Questions from newbie: Dual subs out from LFE? (1 Viewer)

Barry T. R.

Auditioning
Hey, after looking around here at most of your equipment I'm truly not worthy! I am replacing a 13 yr. old Archer surround sys.:b with a Aiwa AV-D97. My sub (audiofile 100w)was hooked up old style (line)?, now I have a new klh120w sub I want to add also, both of these have L/R jacks. Should I "Y" off the sub out from the receiver and "Y" again to these inputs? Also is there any way I can check the output of this receiver it seems grossly underpowered( it does'nt sound as good as the old 25x4 Archer!) Prob. many more Questions to come.:)

ToddJoseph

Stunt Coordinator
Barry,

Welcome to the forum....

OK, check your manual and it should tell you how much power, your getting from your receiver. Next time you go out and buy equipment, go to Audioreview.com and run searches on whatever your thinking of buying.

Sub hook up....If you have preouts on the back of your receiver, then all you need to do is to by a Y cable and put the single end to your sub preout and then run the double end to one sub and the other output to you other sub. Your receiver should be able to send the LFE signal to both subs.

Not enough power, then get yourself a seperate amplifier and preout your speakers to the amp.

Barry T. R.

Auditioning
Thanks Todd, I ran a Y out of the sub out to both subs and it works great. I also hooked up some other speakers I had and Boom Ba Boom!, this thing now rocks. :D Those things that came with it dont even deserve to be called speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks