What's new

Questions: Denon 3803 and speaker levels (1 Viewer)

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
I have a Denon DVD-1600 connected to my AVR-3803 with both the optical cable and the 6 analog cables (for DVD-A).

I change the inputs when I want to listen to DVD-A by using the EXT-IN button. Now, when calibrating via Avia and tweaking speaker levels, if I switch to EXT-IN am I able to change speaker levels independant of the setting I used for the digital cable? This occured to me here at work, so I have not tried it yet.

When I did calibrate I did switch over to EXT-IN to see how the sub level changed, and wound up changing the sub level to -10db for EXT-IN, but that is a seperate area of the setup menu, independant of speaker levels.

I guess I'm hoping that if I cannot set levels for both inputs individually, someone will post and I won't waste my time trying. Thanks in advance!

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Rick: You can either adjust the output of the 1600's analog outputs or the 3803's inputs (you've already adjusted for the subwoofer level difference in the 3803's main setup menu.) If you choose the 3803, go to the lower half of page 55 of the 3803 manual. It details changing the volume of most individual mode channel levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks