VE Questions/Problems:

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chad Viro, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Chad Viro

Chad Viro Stunt Coordinator

Hello All!
    Well, I finally got my first-ever Home Theater setup this weekend, and I have a few questions. Here are my HT specs:
    Speakers: Axiom M60Ti's, VPN150, QS8's (3 aura bass shakers in series with 100w PartsExpress Amp)
    Receiver: Denon 3803
    DVD Player: Denon 2200

After running the Video Essentials DVD for the first time (with repeat viewings of some areas I was/is confused about), I have a few questions I am hoping someone could answer. So here goes!

VIDEO SETUP:
    1. When running the video setup section, do I want to set the contrast/brightness so that the three stripes on the side are 'just' visible? What I got from the video is that the outside line should be engulfed into the background, and I should still see the other two vertical stripes.

2. When setting up the color using the red/green/blue filters, I am able to get the blue and red filters 'almost' perfect (so that all the blocks are fluid through-out the screen); however, looking through the green filter, it looks horrid! The blocks are OBVIOUSLY not fluid with eachother.

AUDIO SETUP:
    1. When trying to setup the my speakers/receiver to reference level, the DVD keeps cycling through the speakers. For example, I want to set-up the left speaker using my SPL(weight C, 75db), but when I am trying to make the changes, it changes to the center speaker, then goes to the right speaker, etc. How exactly do I make it stay on one speaker so I can make the necessary changes in my denon surround sound menu?

2. Do I just want to change the Db values for my speakers? Should I bother to change the distance values for each speaker? I believe they are all still set on default.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

There are some tests to check this- but if your speakers are equal distances from you within a foot or two, no problem. If not, you might try to delay setting - sett 1 ms of delay for each foot closer the speaker is from the rest.

Check out http://www.dolby.com/tech/co.br.0103.DDFAQ.html#q19
    #19-21

-Vince

3. Chad Viro

Chad Viro Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for answering a few of my questions, Vince! I am really surprised I have to cycle through them again. I suppose I could put the dvd on repeat for each speaker.