1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about free internet providers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Walsh, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Eric Walsh

Eric Walsh Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone have any experience with these companies that will give you free service as long as you agree to look at ads on the screen? The two I know of are Juno and Netzero however they could be the same company because their sites look the same. I was just wondering what the quality was like of their service and whether it is near impossible to get on because of busy signals.

My roomate is moving out so I can't really afford DSL alone anymore....just thought I would check the free internet route out before I make a decision. Thanks.

-Eric

2. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I don't think Netzero/Juno provide free Internet anymore, at least not unlimited access. I've used Netzero and another service that is now dead, and I thought the only negative thing was the ad bar.

~T

3. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

I tried the one offered by Kmart a few years back and it was horrible. I NEVER was able to get on but one time. And then it moved very, very slowly. After that, $20/month seemed like a bargain.